Keepin' Y'all Up to Date...
Hey. That's what they say here the South! We are having a wonderful time here in Arkansas! I haven't gotten a chance to give y'all an update lately and I am a bit pressed for time now, so I'll probably come back and up load pictures and give more details later. Yup...It's time to go NOW so all you got was a note that we are still alive and happy.
...Okay, I'm back. We had to hit the road because we are way behind schedule. I'm low on batteries so I'll try to catch you up on the last few days and add pictures later. In Lubbock we met Bethany's pen-pal and her family for breakfast. Bethany has been corresponding with the daughter of someone that I went to school with but was never fortunate enough to have a friendship with. Well, it was a delight for all of us to meet up with them. We weren't able to meet Eliza's (the pen-pal) dad and brother but we met her mom and sisters (Sussana and Eva) and they were kindred spirits! We had a great time getting to know them! From there we traveled west to Dallas area. We set up at Destiny Dallas Resorts in Denton. This didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked but we eventually unhitched and headed to my cousin Robin's new house in Denton. They just moved in last Thursday! It is a very nice house and we had dinner with my Robin and Albert and their kids, Aunt Marcia, Uncle Bob, cousin Staci and her kids and my cousin Robert. It was so good to see them all again. On Thursday we drove to my brother and his wife Amy's in Frisco and went to Arlington Stadium to see the Angels play the Rangers. My brother got us all awesome seats and we all survived the just under 100 degree weather. When we got back to their BEAUTIFUL home we all enjoyed a swim in their pool that looks out on a golf course. We also got a nice break from the "Apollo" as Brent calls it and each slept in our own rooms (Brent and I shared :) ). It was so good to see them and spend time with them. Then on the 1st we drove to our friends John and Leah's in Arkansas. Arkansas is a beautiful, lush, green state. They live right by the Arkansas river in Dardanelle. This is truly a different place. We saw bugs, birds and plants that we have never seen before. We had a wonderful time and I am going to write more about it, but this computer is about a minute from running out of batteries. Happy Trails!
...Okay, I'm back. We had to hit the road because we are way behind schedule. I'm low on batteries so I'll try to catch you up on the last few days and add pictures later. In Lubbock we met Bethany's pen-pal and her family for breakfast. Bethany has been corresponding with the daughter of someone that I went to school with but was never fortunate enough to have a friendship with. Well, it was a delight for all of us to meet up with them. We weren't able to meet Eliza's (the pen-pal) dad and brother but we met her mom and sisters (Sussana and Eva) and they were kindred spirits! We had a great time getting to know them! From there we traveled west to Dallas area. We set up at Destiny Dallas Resorts in Denton. This didn't go as smoothly as we would have liked but we eventually unhitched and headed to my cousin Robin's new house in Denton. They just moved in last Thursday! It is a very nice house and we had dinner with my Robin and Albert and their kids, Aunt Marcia, Uncle Bob, cousin Staci and her kids and my cousin Robert. It was so good to see them all again. On Thursday we drove to my brother and his wife Amy's in Frisco and went to Arlington Stadium to see the Angels play the Rangers. My brother got us all awesome seats and we all survived the just under 100 degree weather. When we got back to their BEAUTIFUL home we all enjoyed a swim in their pool that looks out on a golf course. We also got a nice break from the "Apollo" as Brent calls it and each slept in our own rooms (Brent and I shared :) ). It was so good to see them and spend time with them. Then on the 1st we drove to our friends John and Leah's in Arkansas. Arkansas is a beautiful, lush, green state. They live right by the Arkansas river in Dardanelle. This is truly a different place. We saw bugs, birds and plants that we have never seen before. We had a wonderful time and I am going to write more about it, but this computer is about a minute from running out of batteries. Happy Trails!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home